Dr. Machiel Van der Loos
Faculty of Applied Science
Director, Robotics for Rehabilitation, Exercise and Assessment in Collaborative Healthcare (RREACH) Lab; Associate Director, UBC CARIS Lab; Member, UBC Institute for Computing, Information, and Cognitive Systems (ICICS); Faculty Affiliate, Masters of Digital Media Program, Great Northern Way Campus; Affiliate, National Core for Neuroethics.
- Rehabilitation Robotics
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Design for Safety
- Design Methodology and Design Coaching
Current Research Work
- Inherently safe design of mobile manipulation robotic systems.
- Development and testing of mechatronic exercise systems for stroke therapy.
- Development of robotic tools for improved understanding and treatment of human balance disorders.
- Exploration of ethical design principles for robot interfaces and neurotechnologies.